Friday, May 22, 2026
HomeNewsGoodluck Jonathan May Return To The Presidential  Race In 2027 Election

Goodluck Jonathan May Return To The Presidential  Race In 2027 Election

Nearly 12 years after serving as 04ed8fent, former president Goodluck Jonathan may be preparing for a return to the presidential race, according to a former presidential aide and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Umar Sani.

Umar Sani claimed that former President Gdluck Jonathan has purchased a presidential nomination form ahead of the 2027 general elections. Sani, who served as Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to former Vice President Namadi Sambo, made the claim on Tuesday (today) during an appearance on Trust TV.

Athough the former president has yet to publicly declare his intention to contest or name the political platform he may use, Sani said Jonathan’s actions already showed serious interest. He argued that in politics, action mattered more than public statements, adding that one of the first steps for any aspirant was to obtain a nomination form.

“In politics, what is important is action. If you are interested, there are processes you have to follow, one of which is the procurement of nomination forms. He has done that,” he said. UWhen pressed further on whether Jonathan had indeed obtained the form, Sani replied, “Yes and in fact, he is about to come and submit the forms publicly.” Sani suggested that the internal crisis within the PDP may have contributed to Jonathan’s cautious approach to the 2027 race.

He said the former president may be watching developments within the party before making a formal declaration. The PDP chieftain, however, insisted that Jonathan’s silence should not be mistaken for lack of interest. Jonathan has in recent years stayed away from frontline partisan politics, choosing instead to play diplomatic and mediation roles within and outside Africa.

Sani also expressed confidence that the legal challenge against Jonathan’s eligibility to contest the presidency again would fail. He argued that the matter had already been settled by previous judicial decisions and could not be reopened at the same level of court. We are very confident that the matter will be thrown out because you cannot relitigate something that has already been decided upon,”Sani said.

According to him, only the Supreme Court has the power to overturn earlier decisions on Jonathan’s eligibility.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments